Monday, April 19, 2021

Microfiction: Two Sad Stories

It's Different But the Same
I know what to do. But
I love you.


Inspiration (Source: Unknown)



How I Feel
    I feel sad but the kind that's joyful
    I'd cry seeing Superman fly
    More examples...
    But I don't want to rhyme
    The best kind of poetry doesn't rhyme
    Its expression is its ideas
    Not whether you can dance to it
    I want to dance with you
    You're so far away
    I know when you'll be here
    I know when I won't be
    I don't even doubt
    I don't even wonder
    I'm just sad because I see Superman flying
    Except it's me 
    You're Lois Lane
    I come to save the day 
    No matter how many time you fall
    Jesus save me


Author's Note: The first story is based on a picture I've had saved on my phone for nearly four years now. I was in love at the time. I'm not sure why I knew this picture felt appropriate for the situation when I saved it. It was too early on. Perhaps it spoke to me on a deeper level past my circumstances. Sometimes knowing what to do is worse than not knowing what to do. Sometimes it's the other way around.

I saw someone in this class write out a 100 hundred word story off the top of their head so I did, too. Maybe it's the lack of prolonged sleep, but I have a tinge of sadness over me. No particular reason. I love life, though. Superman flying is a good representation of loving life for me. It also makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes, Inferno: Part B

  This story is part of the  Dante's Inferno unit . Story source:  Dante's Divine Comedy , translated by Tony Kline (2002) I read th...