Thursday, March 18, 2021

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

    I've been pleased with the comments I've received from other students in this class. I usually don't have any grammar issues, so most of the comments have been focused on the story itself. I appreciate the praise for what's liked, and I appreciate the constructive criticism for areas people think could be better. Even if I don't agree with what needs to be changed, I appreciate the time it takes to write the feedback. I do consider some of it. All of the interest in John and Alex waking up from the Garden of Eden has made me want to write a sequel story at some point. There was one comment asking for more information in my author's note about the story of Adam and Eve. It's weird to think about people not already having an idea of what that story is about. Because my story is so similar, I chose not to update the author's note. 

    As for the feedback I've written, I've seen a lot of errors in terms of sentence structure. There was one story that was difficult for me to read because of how many run-ons there were. I had to focus on the story being told rather than how it was written. I ended up appreciating the style even though I think it could use some correction. I've tried to avoid being mean by leaving compliments wherever I can. It's honestly very cool to see where so many people are in how they write. I would like to read more stories and give more feedback.

    I like checking the posts I've made every week to see if someone new has commented. I get why everyone who runs a YouTube channel talks about how in the early days they would check their comments like a man checking on his pregnant wife. I couldn't think of a better analogy there. It'll be cool someday to write something I'm proud of and see how others react to it. 



True (Source)

When the stakes are learning rather than failing or succeeding, challenging oneself is much more enticing. When I trust in God, I can apply this mindset to my life. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes, Inferno: Part B

  This story is part of the  Dante's Inferno unit . Story source:  Dante's Divine Comedy , translated by Tony Kline (2002) I read th...