Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Week 8 Reading and Writing

     I love the readings in this class. I probably enjoy the ones I'm unfamiliar with more so than the ones I am familiar with. However, I probably enjoy writing more about the ones I'm familiar with than the ones I'm unfamiliar with. In the future, perhaps I'll enjoy writing about the new familiar--what was once unfamiliar. 

    I haven't tried anything truly challenging with the writing yet. Although I haven't written a straightforward retelling (that sounds too boring to me), I have only written the way I like to. I don't care about description too much, and when you only have a thousand words, description, in my opinion can be wasteful. That said, I know how powerful description can be, and I do enjoy reading it myself. I also haven't taken to heart too much of the feedback I've gotten back from commenters. That's a good thing and a bad thing. For the Adam and Eve story, I don't want to change what I have, but I do want to write more about what people are interested in in a different story. I listen to Laura about grammar and everything, of course. I've enjoyed being edited again. I'm not as careful with my own editing in this class because I know I'm turning in a draft and not a completely finished product. I do tend to write for myself. I like when people can see the merit, but I'm not dismayed when others can't see what I was going for. I know sometimes it can't be seen unless it's explained. That's something I should work on if I want my writing to resonate. 


Elephant Hunt (Source)

Man, I am such a fool. I just spent so long trying to figure out where I could find this image. Thank you, Laura for making us have a source for each image we use. I forgot about it for too long... I picked this image because it looks so good, especially on my website. There's something mythic about primitive men hunting an elephant. There isn't as much sadness for me when I compare it to a modern day elephant hunt. The picture fits my story well because the whole time an elephant is telling a story about humans without malice, and yet this is how his kind was treated.

Moving forward, as for the future, looking ahead... I would like to do more writing. I skipped last week. I've had an idea for part two of the Adam and Eve story for so long. I just hope I haven't forgotten any ideas I wanted to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes, Inferno: Part B

  This story is part of the  Dante's Inferno unit . Story source:  Dante's Divine Comedy , translated by Tony Kline (2002) I read th...