Thursday, January 28, 2021

Topic Brainstorm

Gospel of Mark

Messiah Netflix Show Trailer

    One of my ideas would be having Jesus' life take place now. For this story, Jesus' original coming wouldn't have taken place yet, so it wouldn't be a story about the end times but a story about how Jesus would start his teaching in the modern world. I had to imagine this story had been done before, so I looked it up and found a show called Messiah. It was a Netflix series that was quickly canceled after it was released because of the similarities between the show and the Muslim prophecy of the Dajjal. This is the Islamic equivalent to the Antichrist. I've never watched the show, although I am interested, but it would seem this storyline follows a second coming formula. That's not the avenue I would go down. The logistics of figuring it all out would be difficult. I think it would be better/easier to write it in the style of the Bible where all the details aren't mentioned. Otherwise I would be spending a lot of time writing about someone filming Jesus on their smartphone and things like that.

Robin Hood

    I would take the Robin Hood story and have him succeed in transferring all the wealth to the poor. I'm not sure how/if I would incorporate this into the story (ha, there's a trading service called Robinhood), but there's a lot of wealth distribution occurring right now. Members of a Reddit group realized there was a short taking place on GameStop stocks, so they bought a ton of the stocks which caused the prices to rise. Now services like Robinhood are preventing anyone from buying the stocks perhaps due to large fund organizations getting upset about losing their short money. Anyways, after Robin Hood gives all the money to the poor, the poor rise up and persecute the rich in the same way they were treated. It would be an endless cycle. Maybe there would be multiple generations of Robin Hood figures, and a new one would come and put an end to the misery and pain. 

Dante's Inferno

John's Vision of Heaven

    Instead of describing Hell I would attempt to describe Heaven. This task would be awfully lofty, although I'm sure it's been done many times before. I might use poetry to describe the immense pleasure of being in God's presence. I know Dante makes it to Purgatory and Heaven, but seeing as I haven't read those portions I won't have to worry about undue influence. This is the least satisfying of the ideas for me because I know I'm incapable of doing Heaven justice. 

Russian Folktales

    I have no basis for these stories, but I did see vampires mentioned. My idea is to have a vampire who doesn't want to drink blood as much as he wants someone to drink his own blood. In this story, a vampire's immortality can be transferred over when someone drinks its blood. The drawback is that someone has to drink blood to continue that immortality. So I caught myself right here and realize that if a vampire has to drink blood to continue their immortality, why doesn't the first vampire just stop drinking blood if he doesn't want to live anymore? My solution is that the vampire continues living, but its existence is excruciatingly painful and miserable. Maybe I'm not doing anything original here, but since I'm not aware, I'm claiming creativity. 


Robin Hood (Source)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes, Inferno: Part B

  This story is part of the  Dante's Inferno unit . Story source:  Dante's Divine Comedy , translated by Tony Kline (2002) I read th...