Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Time Strategies

     In "Eat the Frogs First Thing in the Morning" by Thomas Oppong, active procrastinators are mentioned. I would consider myself one of them. I don't necessarily think I work better under pressure, but I do know that I don't get overly anxious about what I save for the last minute. I oscillate between thinking saving things for the last minute gives a person more time for what they want to do and thinking doing a little often is more efficient. Actually, I think both are true. Not having anything on the calendar mentally means you're open up to doing things you might otherwise think you don't have time for. I would say that's one benefit to my procrastination. Until I truly need to do something, I'm usually available for last minute events and surprises. I need more balance! Hopefully starting this class in advance is a good start. There comes a point when I do a grand task at the last minute, such as a programming assignment, that I become inefficient because I'm burnt out from staring at something for so long. Then I find my spark! I've done almost all of my academic writing the night before it's due. It's not necessary in my mind anymore, but I do like to write all at once to understand how it all fits together. I don't just mean the overall structure and theme of the paper as much as I mean how specific sentences interact with one another. I find that kind of stuff fun. 


Eat me. I dare you.

Frogger

    "11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time" was a little too generic for my tastes. However, I do see myself doing many of the items on this list. Back to my factory worker status from high school, I only ever did what was in front of me and didn't worry about the future too much because I didn't know where my future was going. Biblically, only worrying about today is a good thing, but it can have consequences when there is no vision beside the focus on today. I have mostly eliminated the fear surrounding graduating and finding a job. Now it's time to create an inspired vision of what my life is going to be. In essence, I need more goals and do need to schedule sometimes. Balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes, Inferno: Part B

  This story is part of the  Dante's Inferno unit . Story source:  Dante's Divine Comedy , translated by Tony Kline (2002) I read th...